Re: Review of Start Fedora Installation from Grub

I would probably avoid running grub-install (or grub). Those commands will
overwrite the boot sector of the provided disk with a new copy of grub. There is
a danger that the new version might not work for whatever reason (wrong
filesystem drivers in second stage loader, etc). Re-writing the bootloader to
the boot sector really shouldn't be necessary if you already have a system that
is successfully reading /boot/grub2/grub.cfg. Just restart after running grub2-
mkconfig and see if your new menu entry exists.

Even better, IMO, would be not to run grub2-mkconfig, but instead to use the
"custom.cfg" file where possible. It should be sourced automatically at the end
of the existing grub.cfg. Just place the custom.cfg file containing your new
menuentry in the /boot/grub2 directory. This option would have the least chance
of disrupting/breaking the current configuration.

My last suggestion would be to chainload the "Boot Fedoraproject Org" (BFO)
kernel from grub instead of a specific installer kernel (
https://boot.fedoraproject.org/faq). This will only work if the system supports
DHCP, but I would expect that most providers provide DHCP.

Just my two cents, please feel free to disregard,
gb