Re: I want to contribute article on testing Fedora packages

Hi, all,

just to clarify, I am slow with answers not because I don't like your
replies or giving up on the idea. It is just that there are several things
going on in parallel.

So thank you for the feedback. To be honest, I wasn't aware of Community
Blog before this discussion, hence the confusion. But i get your points.

Let's agree that the article I originally planned (on how _packagers_ can
enable tests for their packages in Fedora) should go to the Community Blog.
I'll create a draft by the end of the week.

> But here's another angle -- Are there general CI tools available in
Fedora that could form the basis for an interesting article about CI
on the Magazine?  That might be a great way to inform users in a less
obvious way.

That's a very good point. I was thinking about something like this too, but
I need to find the right balance between making it interesting and not
diving too deep into details. Some of those things can easily make a 1 hour
talk at DevOps conference, but we want a readable and accessible article.

If you have any ideas or maybe even questions regarding CI - please share.

I am going to have this thought at the back of my mind for now, so that I
deal with the initial proposal first. But I'll definitely follow-up on it.

P.S. One of those activities on my list currently is to reorganize
CI-related docs into a proper docs site. I am sure I'll find more topics to
work on once I dig through the stuff we have on wiki.

--
Aleksandra Fedorova
bookwar