Re: Hi, I wish to contribute.

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 10:23 AM Gregory Bartholomew
<gregory.lee.bartholomew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 2:28 PM <gregory.lee.bartholomew@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I have created a separate pitch with the NFS4/KRB content titled "How to Secure
> > NFS4 with Kerberos Authentication".
> >
> > I also tried to break the Netboot article up into a "Part 1" that could be done
> > without needing NFS4/KRB and a "Part 2" that will show how to add the NFS4/KRB
> > to the setup created in Part 1. Part 2 can, as you pointed out, be cut down
> > significantly if the NFS4/KRB article is already published by simply including a
> > link over to it.
> >
> > Let me know what you think should be done next.
> >

> Wow! That went to publication fast! Thanks!
>
> I actually had a few small questions:
>
> 1. I used the "$" symbol for the bash prompt, but all the commands are
> meant to be run as root which is normally indicated by a "#" prompt. I
> thought the latter made everything look like comments though, so I
> wanted the editor's opinion on how that should be represented. It is a
> very minor detail and probably doesn't matter either way.

I recommend you use 'sudo' for those commands since that makes the
situation clearer. Also we typically recommend use of sudo across the
entire Magazine. We have a sudo article you can link to as well, for
anyone who hasn't set it up. (Just link it on first use with some text
like "use sudo to run this command.")

> 2. I had an idea for a somewhat comical cover image showing the linux
> penguin flying through a "series tubes" (an oblique reference to
> senator Ted Stevens' comment:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_of_tubes) between a server and
> some client workstations. Maybe next time? Or do you guys prefer to do
> your own artwork?

I get the humor for sure, but since this is somewhat USA-centric and
also we have a fairly well defined style language for images, I would
prefer we stick with something more standard.

--
Paul