Re: Editorial board meeting recap 2018-10-03

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 8:13 PM, gnokii <gnokii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would stick with Hypersonic - "Design faster Webpages" sounds more as boring, such one you can have as second headline but the target group I am addressing is for such headlines highly receptive. You can discuss with me if it is Hyper- or just Supersonic that would be ok.

hypersonic hy`per*son"ic, n. [Pref. hyper- + sonic.]
(Aeronautics)
Pertaining to or moving at a speed greatly in excess of the
speed of sound, usually meaning greater than mach 5. All
speeds in excess of the speed of sound are supersonic, but
to be hypersonic requires even higher speed.

To describe a web page as being faster than the speed of sound is not just a hyperbole, but is technically impossible; that makes it a confusing analogy to use when describing the loading speed of software designed to render markup language. While it might be an acceptable description in other forms of media, it does not fit with the Fedora Magazine's tone and vocabulary. We try to keep descriptions realistic and objective.

I just looked up the article writing tips page[1], and we don't have a section on tone and vocabulary. Perhaps we should include one?

1: https://fedoramagazine.org/tips-for-articles/