Re: New Magazine theme?

On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 17:18 +1000, Ryan Lerch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been hacking lately on a new theme for the magazine. This
> theme
> kinda brings us more in line with the other Fedora websites / apps in
> terms
> of theme.
>
> Additonally, this adds a sidebar that is constant on both the posts
> and
> front pages, which will allow us to better run "ads" like we
> discussed with
> a link to the community blog, or elsewhere in the Fedora Project.
>
> anyhoo, here are some screenshots, and it there are no major issues
> with
> the layout, i can work towards getting this live soon!
>
> https://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/magazine-2018-post.png
> https://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/magazine-2018-frontpage.png
> https://ryanlerch.fedorapeople.org/magazine-2018-postseries.png
>
> cheers,
> ryanlerch

I don't like the location of "More Like This" and "Recent Posts". It
detracts from the article itself, and having images there is visually
distracting. Have you tried that theme with an article that has
screenshots, particularly one that has a screenshot early on in the
article? I suspect that would create a lot of visual clutter.

What about putting "More Like This" at the bottom of the article? Like
a "hey, you read this article, maybe you'll like these?"

And Recent Posts have nothing to do with the currently viewed article;
can that go into the gray sidebar on the right?