Re: Introducing myself & Python 3.7 beta article

On 9.3.2018 22:57, Paul Frields wrote:
One of the things editors do is review statistics on pageviews. That
particular article didn't receive many pageviews -- about 1500 or so
the first day it was published (which is usually the most popular day
for an article). By comparison, our recent article on Thonny IDE for
Python -- which is also obviously targeting Python developers --
received almost 6000 pageviews its first day.

Thanks for sharing this. Now it makes much more sense to me.

The goal for Magazine articles isn't to deeply reiterate the many
feature lists new releases of software -- even popular packages like
Python. We've found over time our readers don't really take as much of
an interest at that level. (They may be reading this elsewhere, such
as in Python release notes. >
However, the work done maintaining Python in Fedora, and getting new
versions out there, is *very* important. And there are other ways we
can socialize this work, because we want to spread awareness of it.
For instance, if you or Petr publish this as a blog, get in touch with
me or other folks who can help you with social media (#fedora-commops
for example). I'll be happy to help spread word about the features
that way via links on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ -- where we reach a
lot of people as well.

Would releasing a shorter and more to the point article, with a link to the blogpost that includes the rest make sense? (The point being: We have Python 3.7 in Fedora, you can try it right now.)

More specifically take the first few paragraphs, add a specific example with `python3.7 -m venv venv` and reword the last sentence before the Data Classes as a pointer to the blogpost?

(Possible keeping Data Classes as the only real "cool" feature for everybody.)

--
Miro Hrončok