New pitch idea: Raspberry GPIO expander

Hello.
You can find more information about the topic here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/gpio-expander/
In short words, you can use the GPIO of the Raspberry Pi Zero without
installing an OS on it: you don't need an SD card nor a power supply. You
only have to plug the USB cable between your PC and the RPi, and you can
drive the GPIO pins directly from your laptop or desktop. Deepening a
little, even if I'm not an expert of buildroot and so on, the RPi Zero
perform the boot of a minimal system via the USB interface and it emulates
an ethernet dongle.

I would like to write how to use such handy functionality on Fedora (and
it's nothing complicated: you only have to clone the GIT repos and build
the gpioexpander and usbboot programs) because reading various posts around
the web, it seems that this feature can be used only on the Raspberry Pi
Desktop (aka Pixel) and Ubuntu distros, and this is a misleading impression:
in fact we can use also our beloved Fedora workstation, even if there are
not RPMs available.

Ciao,
A.