[PITCH] Thonny, Python IDE for beginners

*https://fedoramagazine.org/?p=19717
*

*Summary*: Describe how Thonny helps beginners understand some difficult concepts in programming

*Description*: Thonny <http://thonny.org> is a Python IDE meant for learning and teaching programming. It has strong support for visualizing program run-time behavior. It is available in Fedora 27 repository.

The article would be written mostly for beginning programmers and their teachers. It would have following parts:

 * How to install Thonny and how to write and run a simple program in it
 * How to explore the structure and meaning of the program by stepping
   through it
     o Thonny allows stepping through logical program elements
       (statements, expressions, subexpressions) instead of just
       program lines
     o When following function calls, it maintains an explicit visual
       representation of the call stack (instead of showing just a jump
       in the code)
 * How Thonny can explain the interaction between references and
   mutable data types
 * Smaller features
     o Built-in pip GUI
     o Ability to open a terminal prepared for using current Python
       interpreter
 * Overview of Thonny project
     o Who develops it
     o How has it been used so far