Introduction: Roní Gonçalves

Hello, everybody!

My name is Roní Gonçalves. I am an electrical engineer specialized in digital circuit design. Although I would like to (be paid to) design digital circuits, I actually work at a telco as an operations guy (or some sort of sysadmin). I use Fedora in my personal computer as well as in my work computer. When it is about servers, I usually deal with CentOS.

As I do not work with what I would like yet, it does not mean I cannot talk about it or rather write about it :-P That is why I would like to become an author for Fedora Magazine.

I would like to write mainly about how to simulate digital systems coded in Verilog using Icarus and Verilator; how to install and use SystemC in Fedora; how to install, set up, and use MyHDL (python-based), Chisel and SpinalHDL (scala-based) in Fedora.

I could write a little bit about other softwares we have thanks to the Electronic Lab (former?) spin. I could as well write about simulating electronic circuits using gEDA and quics or even about designing circuits using kiCAD in Fedora.

Much more rarely I could write about how to do some sysadmin tasks in Fedora like using ClusterSSH (and its alternatives) or how to deal with lots of xml files when cats and greps are not enough, etc... These are just some ideas I have for pitches that I still have to write properly if I am accepted as an author of Fedora Magazine :-)

Best regards,

Roní.