New author introduction

Hello Editorial Board,

I'd like to start writing some articles for the magazine so here is my
introduction.

My name is Stuart Brady and I'm an English language arts and social studies
teacher, currently working in the international sector in Tokyo, Japan. I'm
not a super technical user of Fedora but for the last 18 months computing
has become one of my main hobbies (I'm also a pretty obsessive runner). In
that time, I've taught myself a little programming and built my own
"janky" personal
website and blog <https://stubrady78.github.io/>. I've also been running
Fedora Linux on my personal/work laptop since last May and have become a
real convert to the whole open source ethos. I've tried to educate myself
about the system by reading your magazine, surfing the net when I have
technical questions and working through How Linux Works
<https://www.nostarch.com/howlinuxworks2> (recommended on the Linux Journey
<https://linuxjourney.com/> website). Oh, and I also attended the Open
Source Summit
<http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-source-summit-japan/program/schedule>
in Tokyo last week to give me a better understanding of the industry more
generally.

At this stage of my Linux development, I feel I can write some reasonable
articles for users a bit like me so I'd like to make myself available. When
I initially mailed Paul last week, he mentioned that I might get some help
with things to write about (at least in the beginning). This would be
perfect! Then I can get on with researching the topic, before producing the
copy for editing. And, obviously, I'm more than happy to help editing the
contributions of others as often as needed.

As far as time commitments go, I'm willing to put a fair bit of effort (not
sure about number of hours per week) into the research/writing/editing the
articles as it will be a good learning experience. One caveat, however, is
that I won't be able to regularly attend the online board meetings. There's
a wicked time difference between Tokyo and the US and it would be miserable
adding a predawn meeting to my current family/work schedule. Is that okay?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and have a nice day.

Regards,

Stuart Brady