Re: I'd Like to Be an Author

Hi Bertel,

Welcome to the Magazine's team and thanks to introduce yourself to the
mailing list. It's always good to see good and skilled writers in the
magazine.

To start with the magazine it's worthy to start reading this:

https://fedoramagazine.org/writing-an-article-for-the-fedora-magazine/

It's good to know that you have wordpress skills, that will help you a lot.
We usually discuss the articles to be published in the Magazine meetings,
each Thursday at 21:00 UTC in the #fedora-meeting channel at IRC (
freenode.net servers).

Again, Welcome!

Br,

> Hi Fedora Magazine,
>
> Not too long ago, I applied to be interviewed. I'm currently writing out
> answers to the questions I was emailed, and there are quite a few about
> being a contributor and interacting with the Fedora community. As a result,
> I spent today figuring out what that means.
>
> I'm a writer. Specifically, I've spent the past few years writing for a
> number of Wordpress-based blogs. That means the expertise I can best offer
> the Fedora project turns out to be contributing to the resource that
> motivated me to get involved in the first place.
>
> As for my background, I currently write for MakeUseOf:
> http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/author/bertel/
>
> I spent the past three years writing for Android Police:
> http://www.androidpolice.com/author/bertel-king/
>
> I also spent years writing for Make Tech Easier:
> http://www.maketecheasier.com/author/bertelking
>
> More about me is available at my website: http://bertelking.com/
>
> I hope I can be of help!
>
> Apologies for the repeat email. I'm new to mailing lists, and I've grown
> overly accustomed to being able to edit messages after the fact in Slack
> and in Wordpress. Email, I'm reminded, requires much more active
> proofreading beforehand.
>
> Best,
> Bertel

Eduard Lucena