Announcing GSoC 2017 on 20 March (was: Re: Article related to Fedora IRC classrooms pending review on the comm blog)

I definitely think having something to publicly announce GSoC 2017 applications opening would be an excellent idea. Since this would be for a wider community of people who aren't just contributors, the Magazine seems like a great place to put this on Monday. (I'm behind on the publishing schedule for this coming week due to travel.)

It would be great if a GSoC admin or another community member could put this together, I know this would be a great and relevant topic to announce on the Magazine on Monday! I know I won't have the time to do this before Monday otherwise I'd jump on it.