Re: How it works?

On 19.02.2017 12:32, Sylvia wrote:

> I always wondered why times are setted on America/New York instead of
> UTC... Does anyone know?
> Cheers,Sylvia
>
> Mainly with Fedora and Redhat being US Based, but as a reference EDT ( New York Time) is UTC -5 for six months of the year and UTC -4 ( this year's shifts will be Mar 12th ( back to UTC -4 ) and Nov 5th ( back to UTC -5)
>
> On Sat, 2017-02-18 at 17:28 -0300, Eduard Lucena wrote:
> Hi Alessio, It's a suggestions list, in case you want to write but don't have a topic to do it. And the next step is to write a pitch, once is ready, you sent an email to the list mentioning that the article is ready to be edited (this step is optional, because we discuss all pitchs and draft in the editorial board meeting), this one will be reviewed and if is ready to be published is put in schedule. Editorial board meetings are on Thursdays from 17:00:00 to 18:00:00 America/New_York at IRC (Freenode network, #fedora-meeting channel), you're welcome to join us there. Br, 2017-02-18 12:09 GMT-03:00 Alessio Ciregia <alciregi@xxxxxxxxx>: Newbie here. So please be patient :-) In the magazine site, once logged in, there is a list of subjects in the starter pitches page. Let me know if I have understood: are these suggestions on future articles? Like a list of "desiderata"? Then, if someone is interested in writing an article on one of such subjects, what are the next steps? Thanks A.

Sent via webmail, pardon lack of gpg signature.
--

Corey W Sheldon
ph: +1 (310).909.7672

Freelance IT Consultant, Multi-Discipline Tutor
Fedora AmbaNA (linuxmodder)
Ameridea LLC Founder, President

Find me elsewhere:
https://gist.github.com/linux-modder/ac5dc6fa211315c633c9

"One must never underestimate the power of boredom...from which
creativity and laziness are borne, which can spark great works of chaos
and genius." --Anonymous

"Any man willing to retreat freedom for security is deserving of
neither." (Pp) -- Benjamin Franklin.

This document, including attachments, is intended for the person or
company named and contains confidential and/or legally privileged
information. Unauthorized disclosure, copying or use of this information
may be unlawful and is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please destroy this message and notify the sender.