Re: Introducing myself

> On 02/07/2017 05:41 AM, Ankit R Gadiya wrote:
>
> Hi Ankit, thanks for introducing yourself here on the mailing list! I
> think it's awesome that you're getting involved with open source already
> and that you're doing some writing on your personal blog. :)
>
> We briefly touched on the i3 article you put together on the Magazine.
> We remembered maybe a little too late that we published "Getting started
> with the i3 tiling window manager" in the past year.
>
>     https://fedoramagazine.org/getting-started-i3-window-manager/
>
> We talked about ways that your article would be helpful to extend this
> past article as a follow-up, or maybe to have it focus in on some of the
> specific tools or cool enhancements that you can make to a i3wm
> workstation. Some ideas that come to mind to me are…
>
> * "How to customize your window manager with conky"
> * "How to configure i3status in i3wm"
>
> …or other ideas for exploring specific things in i3wm that could maybe
> use more help to explain.
>
> Do you have any ideas about specific things you'd like to cover more in
> i3wm? Since we have already published a getting started type of article
> on the Magazine, it will better for us to find a way to either expand on
> the last one or go in a little deeper to a specific part of i3wm and how
> to use it best.
>
> Hope this helps! Thanks again for introducing yourself here on the list. :)

Thanks for replying,

I read the previous article about i3-wm from Fedora Mazagine and its covering a lot of things already.
Also, I'd like to mention that conky is covered in previous post.
However, Media controls and Brightness controls are not. So, we can keep it.

also, I can write about following things:

* Setting i3 to launch specific programs( like firefox, rhythmbox, etc) on specific workspaces
* Also I have an idea about mentioning Rofi to replace default dmenu, as dmenu is no longer maintained. But Rofi is not in official Fedora Repos.
* Also I can write about Colors in i3-wm to make it look better

Also, in a different thread I read about Started pitches and they are interesting, can I do a few of them after this?