Re: Self introduction

On 02/17/2017 12:04 AM, Eduard Lucena wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I'm pretty interested in those topics! Even I would like to ask some things
> about tcpdump, I work in telecom industry and use both tools (wireshark and
> tcpdump) a lot. Glad to have you here, welcome!
>
> Br,

>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 09:32:18AM +0100, Martin Sehnoutka wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> first of all I'd like to introduce our Wireshark package, as I think
>>> it's the most popular one and it can also be a bit different from other
>>> distributions (in the way how you set up permissions and select GUI).
>>> Behind that I'm also maintaining tcpdump, which is a bit more advanced,
>>> but also very interesting.
>>
>> Both of these are hugely popular still, and I think all of us would
>> love to have these articles, Martin!  You can put a Pitch directly in
>> the Magazine and I think we can even approve here without waiting for
>> a meeting if you let us know.

First of all, welcome the Magazine list, Martin! We're happy to have you
here with us. :)

To further confirm the comments of the others, articles introducing
Wireshark and tcpdump would *definitely* be awesome to feature! There's
a fair number of college students are getting started with using these
tools among many other types of people too, so I think the appeal for
something introducing both of these tools would be great.

Feel free to put together a pitch for either (or both, if you have the
time!) and let us know when you've done so here on the list. If you have
any difficulties, please feel free to reach out at any time. :)

Thanks, and looking forward to reading something from you in the future!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory