Re: [commops] Article Series Idea

On 09/19/2016 02:42 AM, Brian Exelbierd wrote:
I believe a weekly series on either the CommBlog or the Magazine that
consisted of a quick report from every subproject and a list of things
they are working on and would like to get some more help with would be
useful?

I am thinking about the kinds of projects that languish because the
contributors in a subproject are all busy but which could be worked on
by others.  Many times these projects are not "newbie" level and require
advanced knowledge of the project overall.  Other contributors in other
areas might be interested and this would encourage cross-pollination.

regards,

bex

I think a recurring series for something like this is a great idea to help bring more heat and light to some of the teams in Fedora that could use some more hands. It sounds great, but I foresee the train falling off the tracks by leaving it to a single person to maintain.

However, I think I know a way we could automate this. In MeetBot, there is a #help command that is supposed to be used for making "calls for help" to something. This messages are always displayed in #fedora-commops. Additionally, the Hubs team is working on a widget that relays them and essentially pretties them up with a link to the person's profile in Hubs that issued the #help notification, so someone could follow up with that person and ask about how they could help.

Even though I think Hubs would **greatly** help with solving the original problem brought up by this thread, I do think it would be nice to have some sort of automated way to post this data to a CommBlog post (just some sort of exportable HTML that could be embedded into WordPress would make it easy). I wonder if the widget could have some sort of way to export to HTML to accomplish this task?

I've CC'd the Hubs development mailing list here for some more discussion or ways that we could build an automated solution for this.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory