Re: Important information regarding the merger of core and extras, and what this means to Legacy

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:43:10AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Well, based on history, it'll be slightly behind-the-newest at release
> > date (RHEL stabilization + a month or so for CentOS) but generally
> > current enough, but then by this spring we'll see a batch of computers
> > with hardware that doesn't work.
> Isn't this where the quarterly updates with new hardware support come in?

Is RHEL5 going to go wholesale to new kernel versions with the quarterly
updates, or is it actually going to backport all updated drivers to the
older release?

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>