Re: I get this error when trying to upgrade my 2.4.20-8 to 2.6.3 after make install

Quoting Bill Perrotta <billperrotta@xxxxxxxxx>:

Someone please help. I need to recompile redhat nine to add disk quotas for my rhce.

Okay.  So recompile the correct version of the kernel.

I get this error when trying to upgrade my 2.4.20-8 to 2.6.3 after make install see below

You can't upgrade the kernel from 2.4 to 2.6 without upgrading lots of
other packages also.  RHL 9 doesnt' support 2.6, and while you can
shoe-horn it on (I did), you need to upgrade a lot more than just
the kernel (module utils being one of the biggest ones).  Have you
looked into this and done the other upgrades needed also?

  CC      drivers/isdn/hardware/avm/b1isa.o
drivers/isdn/hardware/avm/b1isa.c: In function `b1isa_init':
drivers/isdn/hardware/avm/b1isa.c:183: structure has no member named `irq_resource'

If that is really an ISDN thing, and you don't need ISDN, you might just
try configuring the kernel to not use ISDN.  Most people don't need ISDN
support.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics