Self Introduction: Jeroen 'kanarip' van Meeuwen

Hi to everyone on the list!

So, here's my self introduction. My name is Jeroen van Meeuwen, age
23, and I live in a little city near Utrecht, in The Netherlands.

During the day I am a System Engineer and I'm currently employed as
Windows Engineer for a corporate organization in logistics. I also
work as an Instructor in Linux at my consultancy agency and I'm
planning to enroll the rapid RHCE course track around March 2007.

I'm currently contributing to the Fedora Unity project, mainly because
I think it progresses in areas that are not addressed by any other
Fedora Project, such as the Installation Media Re-Spins, the
Live-Spins, documentation on common issues such as the installation of
NTFS read/write, nVidia drivers, and much more things that the
community wants. I find it a very good example of how (part of) the
community gets things done that the community wants.

A friend of mine brought my attention to Fedora Legacy. Of course I
had heard of it, I've read the articles about how some people suspect
it to fail, but he made me realize that without Fedora Legacy, as
the life-cycle of a 'supported' Fedora Core version is 'only' one
year, is way too important to be as inactive as it currently is... I
hope that with my future contributions, and the contributions from
others, we can lift this project (close) to it's full potential and
make people realize that the actual lifecycle of a Fedora Core release
is at least two years. I think this often is one of the aspects that
makes people decide to use a distribution other then Fedora, and I
dislike that. So, I'm gonna try and do something about it.

Some of you (specifically if you are on IRC), know me as kanarip. Feel
free to contact me about anything!

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

gpg --fingerprint kanarip@xxxxxxxxxxx
pub   1024D/9342BF08 2006-05-29
      Key fingerprint = C6B0 7FB4 43E6 CDDA D258  F70B 28DE 9FDA 9342 BF08
uid                  Jeroen van Meeuwen (kanarip) <kanarip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
sub   2048g/769FAEDE 2006-05-29