Re: Kernel panic - installing on HP DC7100

Nicholas Adrian Suppiah wrote:

I am trying to install FC5 on a HP DC7100 but it fails to even load the
installation kernel. The same goes for SuSE10.1.

It just displays a kernel Panic message after detecting the mouse and
keyboard.

Can anyone advice? It may be a BIOS problem but I have yet to find a
solution.

This is the Fedora Legacy list, for the Fedora Legacy project. Currently FC3 and FC4 are maintained by the Fedora Legacy Project (http://www.fedoralegacy.org/). FC5 is currently still 'normally' maintained. See http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/communicate/ for an overview of the Fedora mailinglists. Questions regarding FC5 should be directed to fedora-list (http://www.redhat.com/mailman/ listinfo/fedora-list) or you might want to check out http:// www.fedoraforum.org/. Having said that, you might want to take a look at http://www.fedorafaq.org/#otherinstall.

Nils Breunese.