mozilla (seamonkey) and firefox for FC4

  For those interested in further checking, maybe cleanup and
development there are available
ftp://ftp.harddata.com/pub/Legacy_srpms/seamonkey-1.0.4-0.4.2.fc4.0.mj.src.rpm
ftp://ftp.harddata.com/pub/Legacy_srpms/firefox-1.5.0.6-2.fc4.0.mj.src.rpm

This is "replace mozilla as in RHEL model" seamonkey which provides
'mozilla' executable and corresponding libraries with dependencies,
as opposed to what you can find in 'extras' which can be installed
in parallel to now obsoleted mozilla packages.  A spec file is sort
of a cross of a spec from RHEL and extra packages and older mozilla.

Firefox was derived from firefox-1.5.0.6-2.fc5 update by dropping
pieces which do not fit FC4 (cairo, system nss and nspr and
corresponding changes in firefox-mozconfig).

Only after I recompiled all that stuff I realized that stripping is
explicitely disabled in configuration options and most likely is
really done while 'debuginfo' packages are created.  So I ended with
tons of '.so' libraries unstripped and resulting binary packages are
somewhat "fat" as I turned off for a time beeing this 'debuginfo'.
Moral - don't do that. :-)  Also recompilation takes quite a bit of
time and a disk space.  Just compilation messages amount to
something of an order of 5.5 Megs in each case.  Anyway - so far
results work for me just fine where I had a chance to try and have
fixes for these long lists of security problems.

   Michal

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx