Re: Announcing End of Life times (Fedora Core 1, 2, Red Hat Linux 7.3, 9)

Quoting Erik Forsberg <forsberg+fedoralegacy@xxxxxxxxx>:

I fully understand the background to this decision, and I would like
to thank the fedora legacy team for providing support for these
distribution so long.

AFAIK, FL is the last to drop support for these, as far as security backports
goes (as compared to updating packages to newer versions).

Now, if I still need to have some RHL7.3 machines running, are there
any commercial alternatives available to fedora legacy for security
updates? I haven't any, but perhaps my Google luck is not good enough?

You can see if you can get a custom arrangement with

http://transition.progeny.com/

They killed off their support also, but their page leads me to believe
they might be willing to do individual support contracts still...

Other than that, I would think you are out of luck with 7.3 machines...
Just too old for anyone to take seriously any more...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!