Re: Disttags for FL (was: Upgrade path consistency among all Fedora Projects)

On Saturday 01 July 2006 05:17, Axel Thimm wrote:
> If there is interest in FL to introduce and use disttags before RH7.,3
> and RH9 are EOL'd, RHL7.3 and RH9 would need to get disttags < fcX.
> Examples stated in the past were "RHL7.3" or "fc0.7.3" (upper case is
> less than lower case and RHL would be considered like subversions of
> FC0). I would vote for the first version (even though it looks like
> fortran/shouting) as fc0.7.3 will probably confuse end users.

At this time Fedora Legacy doesn't have an interest in introducing
the %{?dist} tag to packages that didn't already have it.  This means no RHL
packages.  In fact, RHL is hopefully going to be phased out of Legacy support
in about 6 months.

Our current build system does not support dist tags, however when we move to
the Fedora infrastructure instead of our own we will gain that ability, and
we will use the same dist tag that was appropriate for said releases during
the time they were active.  FC3 .fc3, FC4 .fc4, etc...

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx