Re: FC3 (j)whois on .eu fails

Kevin Kofler wrote:

This isn't quite a legacy-specific issue. The FC5 whois reacts the same way. Passing -h whois.eu on the command line works around this, just like your
config file edit.

But Red Hat maintained packages will probably be updated, while the legacy packages may not. The question is whether legacy should do update the FL maintained package or say: "This has nothing to do with security so we won't fix it". I believe some people on this least agree this could be a slight security issue (at a stretch), i.e. when whois is used for automated lookups.

Nils Breunese.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx