Re: 1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Eric Rostetter wrote:
Quoting Mike McCarty <Mike.McCarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I have volunteered some time for test if

I will assume you mean the second part of QA, the "verify" step.

Well, perhaps I used the word "test" in a technical sense.
In my background, test means "verification of proper operation".

(1) The changes can be "contained" so that they do not compromise
    my machine if they fail. IOW, there is a guaranteed backout
    which loses no information.

[snip]

So far, (1) has been a sticking point, I think.

This is a fact of life, and nothing specific to the FL Project.
And it applies to released packages (ala the recent sendmail
debacle) as well as test packages.

In other words, there is little that FL can do to help you meet those
two constraints.  Even if we offered a virtual machine test environment,
your lack of disk space would probably prohibit its use.

Most likely.

Now, here is the real kicker:

You can do the first step of QA (publish votes rather than verify votes)
on ANY system and without compromising the system at all.  It only involves
comparing the files to other known files, etc.  You don't have to install
anything on the system.  So, you can help, within your constraints, if
you choose, by doing the first QA step rather than the second.

Ok, if you can give me more information, I'll be glad to donate some
time.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx