Re: 1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Quoting James Kosin <jkosin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I think that may be a better compromise.  We just need to break it up
into whoever is willing to support each release and for how long and
not worry about scrapping each release before it is time.

Problem is I am willing to support Fedora Core 3 64 bit, but I've been
unable to.  I don't have the time to track the bugs and do publish votes
right now (maybe I will later).  And by the time I install the updates-testing
stuff (which I do on a regular basis), test it for a day or so, write up
a report, the damn things already been released!  So my testing is useless
as I can't get it done before the package is released...

So, it may look like no one has any interest in FC3, but in reality I do.
If the release was say 6 days instead of 4, I could actually test the stuff.
I'm not in a position where I can stop my life to test the updates-testing
stuff just because we want a 4 day release period.

It will go like RH8 did with support for 7.3 sticking around....
mostly, due to the support of the community.

Yes, if we don't do a strict 1-2-3-out, then this is the way to go;
keep what people support, dump what they won't support.

James Kosin

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics