Re: My personal patch for sendmail 8.12.8 on RedHat 9

David Eisenstein wrote:
Hi Adam,

One of the reasons your original post with the patch didn't make it out on
the list yet is that it was around 70 kiB in size, and the list software
is set up to allow only 40kiB without moderation.  So it is being held for
moderation.  We can either release that note to the list or reject/discard
that post.  It's not like it's 1 MB post or anything.  :)

What would you prefer that we do?

My intent was to let others that might have been scrambling to backport the patch to 8.12.8 make use of the backported patch for sendmail 8.12.8 that I was successful in doing. The patch only applies without conflicts on RH9's sendmail I am pretty sure. Considering that legacy is just upgrading sendmail to 8.12.11 and it is available in updates-testing there is probably no need for it.

The only use I would think anyone would have out of it is if someone has some bizarre reason that they need to stick with 8.12.8 on RH9. I know I will be ditching my patched 8.12.8 and going with the official update from legacy. Hopefully the updated sendmail will fix a milter problem I have where you can not send a SIGINT, SIGHUP, SIGTERM to any milter process(they are filtered with rt_sigsetmask or something like that). You have to send a SIGKILL to terminate a milter on RH9. That is however unlikely. I did not see anything in the changelog for sendmail that would hint at that but I am hopeful anyway :).

I really have no preference if you want to kill the post or not. Unless someone speaks up that they want to see a patch that applies to sendmail 8.12.8 (updated spec was included too) I don't know if it is worth the (70kbit * number of list users) bandwidth unless just to archive it. Ditch it if nobody responds would be fine with me.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx