Re: Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: kernel (fc3)

Henry Hartley wrote:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 10:17 AM Nils Breunese said:

Henry Hartley wrote:
Uname says I'm running 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3, which seems quite a bit
older than this announced kernel.  Yum appears to have have
installed four newer kernels but I haven't rebooted in over six
months so they aren't being used.  In any case, I thought I
should update to this one and reboot.  But when I run yum update
kernel it tells me I have nothing to update.

My yum repo files seem to be correct, as I've gotten openssh,
httpd, and mod_ssl updates recently.

The kernel update just hit updates-testing, but hasn't been
released yet into the updates channel. I think you may have yum
configured to only use the updates channel, not updates-testing?

Yes, that seems to be the problem. I have base, updates, and utils but
not testing.  Is it recommended that I have testing or am I safer with
what I have?

I don't think there is a problem reallu. If you're prepared to do QA on a test machine (see http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legacy/ QATesting) you will need to enable the testing repository. Enabling the updates-testing channel on a production system is not recommended.

Nils Breunese.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx