Re: Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: kernel (fc3)

Henry Hartley wrote:

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 7:58 PM Marc Deslauriers said:

Name        : kernel
Versions    : fc3: kernel-2.6.12-2.3.legacy_FC3
Summary     : The Linux kernel (the core of the Linux operating
system).

Please pardon my ignorance.

Uname says I'm running 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3, which seems quite a bit older
than this announced kernel.  Yum appears to have have installed four
newer kernels but I haven't rebooted in over six months so they aren't
being used.  In any case, I thought I should update to this one and
reboot. But when I run yum update kernel it tells me I have nothing to
update.

My yum repo files seem to be correct, as I've gotten openssh, httpd, and
mod_ssl updates recently.

Am I missing something?

The kernel update just hit updates-testing, but hasn't been released yet into the updates channel. I think you may have yum configured to only use the updates channel, not updates-testing?

Nils

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx