Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

Jesse Keating wrote:
So I'm kicking around this idea to help w/ QA testing.  What if Fedora
Legacy provided very base images of the releases we support for use with
vmplayer?  Vmplayer is free, and from the base image a QA tester could
update to the package we need QA on, use the package in various ways,
and report how it worked out.   No need to have a full system of that
release, no bad effects to your running system, just a nice test
environment to run a few smoke tests on it.

I would be cautious about recommending people use vmware for QAing Fedora Legacy packages. For some applications that would work but sometimes having different hardware can cause bugs to show up where under a vm system where all systems look the same hardware wise it wouldn't. Diversity in hardware configurations is a good thing for QAing packages.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx