Re: crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

So I'm kicking around this idea to help w/ QA testing.  What if Fedora
Legacy provided very base images of the releases we support for use with
vmplayer?
That is the exact way that I Q&A 7.3 stuff. I have VM images that are near mirrors of production systems. I d/l and test 7.3 updates on the VMs before pushing them out to production. It doesn't take much to produce a VM to distribute to others for testing purposes. HOWEVER the IP addressing might present some setup issues for novices, and bandwidth necessary to download the images would be quite high.

I think that this would be a very good idea - I already use this to QA other updates.

Ian
--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx