Re: KMail and its UI freezes while fetching/sorting mail

Gene Heskett wrote:

This has about worn me out, to the extent that I'm looking for another
email agent that can fetch from the local /var/spool/mail/user
spoolfile fetchmail uses, run it thru SA, and deposit it for reading in
the /root/Mail directory 100% compatible with the kmail way of doing
things.

Thunderbird can't, sylpheed can't that I can figure out. Are there any
other email agents with as friendly a gui as kmail but do all the
housekeeping 100% in the background?

I know evolution uses spamassassin to filter spam. Thunderbird has its own spam filter system, so if you don't really need SA specifically you could use that. I don't know how these clients work with local spoolfiles though.

Alternatively, is there a way to make fetchmail do the SA invocation,
leaving the sorting to kmail?  That would help considerably.

Maybe use procmail?

Nils.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx