Re: Fedora Legacy buildsystem

On Jan 26, 2006, at 3:01 PM, Dan Williams wrote:

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 10:32 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Jesse Keating wrote:

Mostly this is a side effect
of our current build system making use of apt for its package
installation steps. In the future we will not need apt for this, so the
apt metadata step may go away.

I've been trying (and failing) to get mock to work for a rh73 target.
What does legacy use now?  What will it use in the future?

I think going forward plague is the answer, but it can't share the same
build machines as Extras currently uses for a variety of reasons
(security, system load, permission granularity, etc).  Anything that
prevents mock/yum/plague from being used to build packages for Legacy
will certainly get my attention and some of my time.

And some of my time, too! Although I do have mock/plague working with RH7.3 - Rex, if you want to send more details of your problem maybe I can help.

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx