Re: yum -- Repodata in os directories?

On Jan 21, 2006, at 7:18 PM, David Eisenstein wrote:

Hi,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Fedora
Legacy maintains "repodata" in its directories so that users who have
upgraded their yum program to version 2.2+ can still use yum for updating
their systems or installing software they hadn't previously installed?

Problem is, there are no repodata subdirectories in any of the os
directories off of download.fedoralegacy.org (e.g., /fedora/3/os/ i386/,
/fedora/3/os/SRPMS/).

With our repository set up this way, will users who have switched to using versions of yum >= version 2.2 still be able to download original distro files? That is, will a FC3 user using yum-2.2.2-0.fc3 who never installed,
say, epic, be able to successfully run

    # yum install epic

??
	-David

Hi David, you're correct - createrepo should be run in the os directories as well as the updates.

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx