Re: Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: httpd and mod_ssl

On Oct 24, 2005, at 7:55 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

I did check before asking, thus the nature of my questions. I haven't yet seen one bug filed for 2 packages where there are separate fixes for each package, in fact I thought that was against the rules. I do see how these two issues are related, but it appears senseless to bundle the release when only one-half of it affects RH 7.3 (for which there is no apache 2.0).

Hi Jim, perhaps some of your confusion comes from the fact that rh9, fc1, and fc2 all contain the mod_ssl package as part of the httpd package. In the older rh 7.3, mod_ssl was separate from apache.

To excuse this as "Other's checked before asking" is not accurate as the data just isn't there to support even having the ability to check. Show me discussions of this bug outside of a bugID that isn't referenced anywhere else. And please don't suggest that I am to be trolling bugzilla every day for the hundreds of packages for which I may or may not be interested in knowing if a bug exists.

The bottom line is that I regularly keep on top of RH73 bugs/ updates/patches and I missed this. OK, so I am human and subject to errors, but this bug stayed well below the FL radar for many months. I have a pretty good record of downloading and testing updates, so the fact that this critical one slipped by alarms me.

OK, sounds like you're just upset because you didn't see this until the updates-testing notification. I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion.

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx