Re: Upcoming transition of FC3

On Oct 24, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Eric Rostetter wrote:
Quoting Michal Jaegermann <michal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

People who care about such things can disable that easily
enough.

If they do their due dillegence and notice that we've changed things
on them with a package upgrade without their permission. Which hopefully
they will, but we can't guarantee that they will.

Eric, in the case of our repo included with Fedora Core - this isn't happening with a package upgrade without the user's knowledge. It will be a separate 'fedora-legacy' package they need to install (I'm not sure if it will get installed by default on FC5, but I think that would be nice). This is similar to how Fedora Extras has its repo enabled by default on all FC4 machines. It's just something that admins need to be aware of, if they don't like it, they can disable/ remove the repo.

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx