Re: Upcoming transition of FC3

Jesse Keating wrote:

On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 11:49 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:

Has anyone given thought to pushing an update to yum that enables these repos as the last update to come from the Fedora Project? That way for those that do not realize the transition is happening, it "just works" for them?

I realize there are both positives and negatives to this but I just thought
I would throw it out for discussion.

My policy all along has been that users need to make a conscience choice to start getting Legacy updates. This is why we ship the repo files in a disabled state. The directory structure will be there (although empty
until just before the release) so if they turn it on early it won't
break yum, but I still want them to manually turn it on.

Why would anyone who has updates enabled not want legacy updates to be enabled?

Nils Breunese.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx