Re: How to mirror?

On Aug 9, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Kenneth Porter wrote:

I want to mirror updates-testing for FC2 to my server. What's the correct way to do that? I mostly need the new repo metadata format as I've updated yum to use the new FC3-style XML metadata, and downloads.fedoralegacy.org lacks that for the FC2 directories.

I essentially want to script a fetch of the RPM's in <http:// download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/updates-testing/i386/> and then run createrepo on the result.

I'd say that using rsync is the easiest way. Check the mirror list for a rsync server near you:
http://fedoralegacy.org/download/fedoralegacy-mirrors.php

Then, run rsync to download the rpms locally. Subsequent runs of rsync will only download what is changed from your server's point of view.

Then it's just a matter of running createrepo on your server. You'll only need to rsync the base packages once, since those don't change. Then just periodically update the updates directory and run createrepo on it.

People will probably argue what the best rsync flags are, but you can't go too wrong using something like: rsync -azv rsync://some.server.org/mirrors/fedoralegacy/2/ /your/ local/dir/2

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx