Re: metadata for legacy repositories

On Aug 2, 2005, at 2:05 PM, seth vidal wrote:

really?
Yes! :)

Feel like maybe commenting on this a bit further?
Sure - but honestly I didn't do too much. I get the feeling you weren't expecting it to work? Basically I re-used the buildroots.xml from fc3 for all of them and it seems to work fine. After running creatrepo in the appropriate places in the repositories, it was just a matter of pointing the configs to the right place. For FC2 and lower I needed to change the mock config from:
config_opts['runuser'] = '/sbin/runuser'
config_opts['runuser'] = '/bin/su'

To get the dist tags working (buildsys-macros), I needed to use /etc/ rpm/macros instead of /etc/rpm/macros.disttag. I'm guessing that the older versions of rpmbuild only looked at '/etc/rpm/macros', but I haven't confirmed this yet.

By the way, the host machine is FC4.
Have you tested the
results?

So far everything seems to work. I've tested out cfengine and a couple other packages. I'll put up my configs somewhere and write up a wiki page with the step-by-step details.

-Jeff

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx