Re: New repository metadata format

--On Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:53 AM -0700 Jesse Keating <jkeating@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yep, I installed the newer yum to get the more efficient metadata
representation. (The tricky part was that one has to hand-update any
customized yum.conf to include the new /etc/yum.d files, as yum.conf
is
marked noreplace. But this might have been addressed in more recent
packages by a post scriptlet.)

Eventually FC3 will move to Legacy and will need this, so effort to
set up
the mechanism wouldn't be wasted.

Yeah it's just an extra line in our 'upload' script.  It will add a few
minutes on our end is all.  I'd rather not gen the metadata twice ):

It doesn't look like this ever happened. At the time I updated yum FC2 was still a "live" product and most mirrors had both kinds of metadata so it wasn't a problem to update yum to use the newer format and take advantage of the features of the newer system.

Should I wait for the metadata or should I just mirror the whole repo and create my own?

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx