Re: Fedora Legacy Test Update Notification: spamassassin

--On Saturday, June 04, 2005 3:26 PM -0400 Marc Deslauriers <marcdeslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Versions    : fc2: spamassassin-2.64-2.1.legacy

I'll forward this to the SA mailing list.

FWIW, SA 3.0.3 works great on FC2. I don't recall if there were any special upgrade issues going to 3.x (you might need to back up and restore your Bayes databases, for instance), but I'd strongly recommend any mail server operators staying up to date with upstream to get the latest functionality. For instance, the SURBL URL-based blacklisting is invaluable.

... ah, just found the wiki entry on how to upgrade:

<http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UpgradingVersion>

This includes a link to the official upgrade file in the 3.0 distro.

SA 3.1 is about to go prerelease. Follow SA's -devel mailing list if you're interested in that development.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx