Re: FC2 CVS update-testing Package

On Mon, 9 May 2005, David Curry wrote:
Some question about CVS: I have no experience with use of cvs and it is not currently installed on my system. I am willing to install the updated package on my system to help verify the update, but at the moment the only thing I could "test" would be package installaltion.

As one who is unlikely to program anything or develop code to patch bugs, security exposures, etc., could CVS be useful to me for other purposes? I am open to suggestions and willing to spend a little time developing a CVS installation on my system to help out the QA process.

Fortunately, CVS got just a couple of days ago enough VERIFY votes that the update can be published, so there is no dire need at this point.

Whether you'd _really_ need CVS depends a lot on whether you have a lot of systems to manage which you need to manage in a systematic manner (e.g., by keeping a local repository of configuration file changes, etc.).

But for testing purposes, it would be sufficient to take a development project, for example Fedora Core [http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/core.shtml], and check out something from there (the page has emacs as an example). That allows you to play with cvs a bit.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx