Re: Mirroring: Bad datestamps prevent hardlinking

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 22:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

Running this command in dry-run mode indicates that it will have to re- download every file. If I do this, all other mirrors will get hit with the re-download. So then I ask again, do you have an rsync switch (other than a, I'm using a) that will only alter the timestamps rather than redownloading all the content?

Re-download or re-calculate check sums? If the files are actually the same except for the timestamp, all that should be downloaded by rsync is the check sum. Is that a problem by itself? Plus, changing the timestamp is likely to trigger a sync with the mirrors just the same as actually changing the files.

Will.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx