Re: mysql-server

Chuck R. Anderson wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 04:27:03PM -0800, Kelson wrote:
Even when I was getting updates from Red Hat or straight from MySQL, I ran into problems where it would decide to remove the links from the runlevel directories, because that's what the chkconfig line in the initscript said. The next time we had to install a new kernel, MySQL didn't start with the system.

That is a bug in the RPM %post scriptlet. It should not be running
"chkconfig --add" unless this is the first instance of a package install, not an upgrade.

A known bug, or just something I ran into switching between the "mysql" and "MySQL" packages?

--
Kelson Vibber

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx