Re: FC2 Support

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 13:04, Pekka Savola wrote:

I've never heard of it. I know that CERN (?) used to build ISOs for Red
Hat 7.3 plus the updates du jour, calling the result "Red Hat Linux
7.3.4" and things like that.

But, aside from them, I've never heard of such a thing.

Well, we have also done something like this -- it's actually quite
trivial after you get to learn how the ISOs are built. But because
the updates are constantly appearing, we just install the system using
FTP from the tree which has been modified to include all the latest
RPMs. Much easier than constantly creating and updating ISOs.

If you want to create your own Red Hat Linux ISOs, you might want to review this interesting article:

"Linux: Updating and Rebuilding Fedora Core 2 Installation CDs"

http://www.techonthenet.com/linux/fc2_update.htm

Regards,
Josep

Thanks for the alternative approach, Pekka. And again, Josep for the feedback. The fc2_update howto website will be put to use in my learning process before turning to Pekka's suggested alternative.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx