Re: FC1, "yum group*" commands

Jeff Sheltren wrote:
On 2/18/05 9:39 PM, "Dan Trainor" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've become accustomed to using 'yum grouplist' in FC2 and FC2 to view
and otherwise maintain available groups of packages installed on my
system.  However, when trying to do the same in FC1 with yum v2.0.5, it
comes back with an error similar to the following:

Getting groups from servers
No groups provided or accessible on any server.
Exiting.

Hi Dan, the yum grouplist/groupupdate/groupinstall (etc.) commands will only
work if there is a yumgroups.xml file setup in the repository you are using.
If your /etc/yum.conf is only pointing to the FL base/updates directories,
then you will not see any groups because there are none configured there.

I hope that answered your question.

-Jeff

Good Evening, Jeff -

Yes, it did answer my question absolutely.

I am guessing that others are probably wishing this functionality did exist. So with that being said, what can I do to create a yumgroups.xml that can be used by the FL project? I would imagine that there is a specific format for such a file, so do you know where I might be able to get more information on this?

Thanks a lot
-dant

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx