Re: PHP/Apache Registration Failed Duplicate Name Error

do you have a /etc/php.d/ dir?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eucke Warren" <euckew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fedora Legacy Project" <fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 1:14 PM
Subject: PHP/Apache Registration Failed Duplicate Name Error

I am finally getting around to trying to chase down a PHP/Apache error that I believe is related to a legacy PHP update that was applied in the recent past. I note that, at boot up, I am seeing the following errors in the apache error log:

PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_connect in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_close in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_bind in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_unbind in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_read in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_list in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Function registration failed - duplicate name - ldap_search in Unknown on line 0

These are just examples as there are much more and there are similar errors for imap which I assume has some dependency or relation. I have googled and done some searching via Redhats archives but I cannot seem to pin down anything that would suggest what I should be looking at. I understand that there is duplication of files. I assume that there was a a legacy RPM that add files but did not remove the old ones and so those are both showing up and causing problems. I have scanned the config files and the start files but I cannot seem to find the modules that would seem to be upsetting my server.

I am running RH9 and my PHP is php-4.2.2-17.7.legacy and my httpd is httpd-2.0.40-21.17.legacy. Any pointers would greatly appreciated.

--
Eucke Warren
V 775.359.1121