Re: RH9 SMTP/POP3 problems

Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net wrote:
I think that this is the wrong list for troubleshooting this kind of problem...

However, I know how much of a pain in the ass that this can be. ANy chance that DNS is flakey? Are you running round-robin DNS? This can happen by "accident" sometime, if two entrys are made for the same hostname. Although if it was a DNS problem, I would suspect that LOTS of people would have this problem (About 50% of people would have a problem at any given time, if there's a 1:2 round-robin setup, and so on). How about telling us how often this happens? Does it happen with specific machines more than others? Anything else?

Thanks
-dant

I was torn as to which would more readily apply between this and the main redhat-list. The Main one seems to be more current distro's..perhaps I made the wrong choice?

DNS is having issues presently. I am working on a replacement for the old existing DNS servers. I suspect that I could test this by entering an IP instead of the name of the server for SMTP and see if that fixes the problem.

So, you have seen flakey DNS exhibit this type of problem?

Eucke

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx