Re: yum broken :p

On 14.09.04 22:20, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
Err, it's not yum that is broken on RH9; I have used yum on RH9 for quite some time now. I believe the problem she is having is due to using a different python version... Is that correct, Barbara?

Correct. When I installed yum on both boxes it worked fine. It worked even through updating a RH8 box to RH9. Then the need to update python for installing mailman came up. And it is this python upgrade that broke yum.

Thank you for the pointer. I'll let you know what comes out of it.

In the meanwhile, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a warning about this on the pages related to using/installing yum. :-)

Thanks again :)

b.

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi@xxxxxxxxxxx |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |