Re: redhat 8

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 05:19:54PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> I do not see any real difference in kernels to be used with various
> 7.x releases (yes, this includes also 7.1 and 7.0).  With 8.0 it
> could be a question of an ntpl support but likely not even that.

The 7.x releases are exactly what would be released for 7.2 and 8.0.
The same kernels /were/ used for the last erratum. Jesse has made a
policy decision not to claim that we support those releases, and we
should respect that. AFAIK *no* QA has been done on those kernels on
those platforms, and it would be foolish to release on that basis!

The arguments for dropping support are still valid even if there are
supposed working packages.

Dominic.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx